Join Holy Communion as we team up with Grace-St. Luke’s, Saint John’s and other churches in the city to offer Moving In Faith. This is a 6-week journey to a healthier mind, body and spirit through exercise, weekly prayers and scripture readings.
More than ever, it’s important to find ways to stay healthy. Be a part of our Holy Communion team as we challenge other congregations, friends and neighbors to work towards common health goals through daily exercise! Friendly team competition is a great way to stay connected and motivate one another.
Moving In Faith starts June 1 and is for everyone, regardless of age or fitness level.
- Each church will be a team. The Director of Recreation from each church will serve as its team captain.
- Teams will compete for the most points accumulated throughout the journey (highest team average based on # of participants per team).
- Individual team members accumulate points for his/her team for each minute of exercise completed. (Run, walk, dance, yoga, tai chi, Zumba, row, bike, elliptical, strength training, tennis, golf, etc.)
- Team captains will email team members weekly scripture readings, prayer and motivational quotes for reflection and team updates.
- Team members will email team captain weekly with number of individual points earned for his/her team.
- Once registered, training logs and more information will be emailed to you.
You don’t have to be a member of the church to participate so please invite others to join the journey. There is NO fee to participate. Register today for our Moving In Faith 6-week health journey by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.