Recreation & Wellness
Join the Moving in Faith Challenge!
Join Holy Communion as we team up with Grace-St. Luke’s, Saint John's Episcopal and other churches in our faith community for the Moving In Faith Challenge! This is a 6-week journey to a healthier mind, body and spirit through exercise, weekly prayers and scripture readings.
Now more than ever, it’s important to find ways to stay healthy. Be a part of our Holy Communion team as we challenge other congregations, friends and neighbors to work towards common health goals through daily exercise! Friendly team competition is a great way to stay connected and motivate one another.
Moving In Faith starts June 1 and is for everyone, regardless of age or fitness level.
- Each church will be a team. The Director of Recreation from each church will serve as its team captain.
- Teams will compete for the most points accumulated throughout the journey (highest team average based on # of participants per team).
- Individual team members accumulate points for his/her team for each minute of exercise completed. (Run, walk, dance, yoga, tai chi, Zumba, row, bike, elliptical, strength training, tennis, golf, etc.)
- Team captains will email team members weekly scripture readings, prayer and motivational quotes for reflection and team updates.
- Team members will email team captain weekly with number of individual points earned for his/her team.
- Once registered, training logs and more information will be emailed to you.
You don’t have to be a member of the church to participate so please invite others to join the journey. There is NO fee to participate. Register today for our Moving In Faith 6-week health journey by sending an email to email@example.com.
UPDATE: Youth Spring Sports Season and Adult Wellness Classes
Church of the Holy Communion’s leadership team has been monitoring the ongoing developments of the coronavirus (COVID-19). In an effort to keep everyone safe and lower the risk of the spread of the coronavirus, all of our youth sports programs and adult wellness classes have been suspended until at least March 30.
Each person’s safety and well-being are our priority and Church of the Holy Communion’s leadership team will continue to monitor this health situation. We will post updates if there are any changes.
We look forward to resuming our youth sports programs and wellness classes as soon as we can.
From soccer, basketball and baseball/softball to yoga, zumba to tai chi, our Recreation & Wellness Ministries strive to promote and encourage a healthy lifestyle and a healthy mind, body and spirit through team sports, exercise and wellness programs. Participation is fun for all ages and a great opportunity for fellowship among people in our congregation and in our community. Everyone is welcome!